Most provinces in Canada have now adopted the European (EN 385-1) cut protective chain saw standard for leg apparel (except British Columbia, Alberta and Atlantic Canada).
This change was made necessary because the cUL/BNQ cut protection standard is no longer being enforced and will eventually be replaced in the coming years.
As a result, STIHL’s Function Universal Safety Pants can now be sold to professional users in those provinces. Function Universal Safety Pants are the perfect combination of features and value.
- Engtex cut protective material to meet EN, Class 1 (20 m/s) threshold chain speed Design A coverage (front of leg)
- Thorn protection on front and back of the legs for extra comfort and durability
- High waist back for kidney protection
- Ventilation material in back of each pant leg
- Shaped knee for better mobility
- Elastic and durable outer cotton blend material
Function Universal Safety Pants are the ideal value proposition for loggers, arborists, clearing saw operators, as well as consumers.